Mission and Purpose
Jose and Juliana Moreno founded Casa De Vida with the purpose of assisting individuals having difficulties with alcohol and drug dependence. The program is also available to provide aid to those facing incarceration for drug and alcohol offenses or who find themselves in need of direction in their lives. Casa De Vida’s mission is to serve individuals who are dependent on drugs or alcohol, many of whom are also homeless. It is our goal to reach, teach, and release these individuals back into society so that they will become productive citizens. We achieve our mission by meeting the physical, emotional, educational and spiritual needs of individuals through our 6–12-month program.
Casa De Vida requires the following:
- Attend all appointments required by the Legal Authorities
- Court Appearances
- Probation Meetings
- Attend all activities required by the leadership of Casa De Vida Program
- Community Service on a weekly basis. These services included doing such things as cleaning the streets, beaches, feeding the homeless, etc.
- Participate in Physical Exercise 3 times a week if able.
Casa De Vida is a 501(c)(3) non profit residential drug and alcohol recovery program located in the coastal city of Oxnard, California. Casa De Vida offers the following services:
- Peer Support Group
- AA/NA Support Groups
- Family Support Group
- Educational Recovery Group
- Job Training Skills
- Physical Exercise
- Spiritual Support